Terms & Conditions
For all bookings made from 1 February 2021 we will offer a full refund if Government regulations prevent us from offering the holiday. We are always willing to discuss the particular circumstances of your booking if problems arise and aim to find a solution which is fair to us all.
The rental agreement is between the person who makes the booking (‘Guest’) and the Owner. The contract is deemed to have been made once the Guest has paid at least the agreed deposit and the Owner has dispatched a confirmation of booking. The Guest must be over 18 years of age at the time of booking. The Guests must ensure that all the information provided in connection with the booking is true, accurate, current and complete. If any of the Guest’s contact details change, the Owner must be informed immediately.
It is the Guest’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party and any pets have the relevant travel and health documents and requirements needed for visiting the UK.
The Guest is deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions and will be responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure that they are all aware of these Terms & Conditions. The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with these Terms & Conditions.
For bookings made more than 6 weeks before arrival a deposit (part payment) of 30% of the total cost of the holiday is required. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences. Email reminders are sent, but delivery cannot be guaranteed. Where a Guest fails to pay their balance by the due date the booking may be cancelled and the deposit retained. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before arrival, the total amount is payable in full on booking.
Cancellation by the Owner
The Owner reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any bookings already made if the property is unavailable (eg through fire, flood, etc) for any reason whatsoever, subject to a full refund of all monies paid (but no further liability). The Owner shall be under no other liability if such cancellation occurs.
Cancellation or Changes by the Guest
Once the holiday is booked the Guest has entered into a legally binding contract. We offer the option of free cancellation or change of date within 24 hours of the original booking being acknowledged. If the Guest cancels subsequently, for whatever reason (including medical and weather related) then no refund of the deposit will be due, and within 6 weeks of the holiday no refund of either the deposit or the full balance is due. Cancellations can be notified via email to the Owner. However, the Owner will endeavour to re-sell the cancelled week, if necessary at a discount. If successful, the Owner will refund the original Guest an amount equivalent to the re-sale amount minus an administration charge of £100.
It is recommended and expected that the Guest currently has or will take out a holiday insurance policy (which includes cancellation insurance covering sickness and unavoidable reasons for cancellation) at the time of booking.
The Owner promises that:
- the cottage is properly maintained, clean, tidy and in good repair at the start of the booked Holiday Period.
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in particular relating to fire, health, safety and planning and data protection
- to have policies with a reputable insurance company to meet our liabilities
- not to exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so
The Guest promises:
to arrive no earlier than 4 pm on the arrival day and to vacate the Property no later than 10 am on the day of departure unless specifically agreed otherwise with the Owner. Late departures interfere with necessary cleaning and linen changing.
- that the number of people and pets occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated in your Booking Confirmation.
- not to allow any person other than the booked party to use the facilities and amenities of the Property without our express permission
- that the supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Guest at all times
- that the Owner’s property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the Guest and members of their party; the Guest will be responsible for all members of their party staying at the Owner’s property and the things they do or fail to do even if the Guest does not stay there during the whole Holiday Period.
- that the Guest will (and ensure that members of their party will) show all due consideration and respect for the Owner’s property, staff, representatives, contractors and neighbours or other persons or parties that have a connection with the property. This includes refraining from misuse of the property, interfering with or dismantling any furniture or fittings or engaging in dangerous, offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour towards such persons or parties;
- that the Guest will (and ensure that members of their party will) use the property lawfully, will not abuse any facilities provided as part of the booking and will comply with any Health & Safety or other policies or instructions notified to you by us in connection with the property;
- to allow us or our representatives to access the property for maintenance at a reasonable time during the Holiday Period provided we give you reasonable advance notice (except in emergencies);
- to keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the cottage in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the Holiday Period and to ensure that at the end of that period the cottage is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. We may make an additional, reasonable charge for professional cleaning where Guests or members of their party leave the property disordered or other than in its original state of cleanliness and tidiness;
- to report as soon as possible any breakages, damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. Guests should not remove any item from the property. Without affecting any other remedies that we have under the Rental Contract, you promise to fully reimburse us for the cost of replacement or repair for such breakages or damage.
The Property has a No Smoking policy.
The Guest may only bring such pets as agreed with the Owner. A charge will be made for a second pet. Pets must be house trained, well-behaved and must not be left unattended in the property at any time. They are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture in the property and are only allowed on the tiled floor of utility and kitchen areas. You must remove all traces (inside and outside) from the Property of pet occupation before you vacate the Property at the end of the Holiday Period. If damage or extra cleaning is caused by pets the Guest may be billed for that as an additional charge.
If during the holiday stay the Guest fails to observe these requirements, the Owner may notify the Guest that the terms have been broken and if not immediately rectified, reserves the right to determine the contract forthwith and to require the Guest and their entire party to leave the property immediately.
the Property is in a beautiful rural area rich in flora and fauna. Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including the odd spider, bird, bat, crane fly, bee, wasp or other creature, which may make their way into a property. Spiders in particular are not considered to be a pest, but wasps’ nests should be reported. If any of these creatures are encountered, do not panic, but just open a window or a door and let them out. Owners will not take action to prevent occasional ingress of these creatures and if a member of the party has a specific allergy or phobia, it is the responsibility of the Guest to forewarn the Owner and discuss what measures might reasonably be taken at the time of booking.
The Owner cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, Service supplier or any other event outside their control.
If a Guest has a complaint it should be communicated to the Owner at the earliest opportunity. No complaints can be accepted unless notified immediately and during the rental period as Owners must be given an opportunity to rectify or make good the matter complained of.
In the event of a dispute, The Guest and Owner agree that they will try and resolve any disputes amicably and reasonably with mutual respect and that Mediation or Alternative Dispute Resolution will be sought before any formal legal proceedings. These Booking Conditions and any contracts made under them are governed by English law and the Guest can bring legal proceedings in respect of any such contracts in the English courts. The Guest agrees that the contract with the Owner is made at the Owner's premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the Owner.
The Owner does not accept responsibility for loss or damage of property (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Guest or any member of the party during their occupancy of the Property.
The maximum liability accepted by the Owner will be the total cost of the holiday as paid by the Guest. No other expenses such as travelling costs or alternative accommodation will be accepted.
The failure of the Owner to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.